Friday 5 April 2019

OWAMBE!



If you stay in Lagos Nigeria, you must be very familiar with the word "OWAMBE". As a matter of fact, there has to be an Owambe going on at the halls and event places around you every weekend.

For my Non-Nigerian readers, Owambe is a Yoruba language interpreted "It is here". The literal meaning is "It is happening here". So, when you hear the word owambe, the party dey happen for here , lol.

Typically, owambe represents one of those activities we unwind or relax with after the week-long job. Other times, especially when you are fully involved in the whole party preparation, it is added stress to your poor body that really needs rest from activities.
In Lagos where I stay, there are a lot of event centers, gardens, close roundabouts, churches where owambe happens every single weekend. Sometimes, its fun to look out my veranda and see the different styles, aso-ebis, dance steps, souvenirs, family fights & banters and so many other drama that happen at these owambes.

On most days, I am a part of the owambe and of course, I must represent. Like my mum would say, the heels, slay clothes and purses escape early retirement when we partyyyy. *smiles*

So, tell me darlings, are you an Owambe person or you would rather sit and rest during the weekend?
As for me, my clothes, shoes and bags, we LOVE LOVE LOVE OWAMBES!

 Have a beautiful weekend darlings!

2 comments:

  1. Sure enough! Some days for Owambe💃 and others for lazying at home 🤗

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly...but you see that Owambe, its not negotiable on 2 out of 4 weekends in a month, lolz.

      Delete